Hello all! Aren’t you so glad it’s Friday?! This week has gone by really fast, which is a GREAT thing. I always look forward to Fridays b/c our weekends are often filled w/ fun adventures. Tomorrow, we are taking Zoey to a pumpkin patch and I can’t wait!
Anyhow, this post idea came to me after I was tagged by a reader to answer some questions about what inspires me, what’s the toughest obstacle I’ve been through, etc. Instead of getting all deep and mushy, I decided to just share a few fun facts about me.
Just something lighthearted for Friday! Enjoy.
1. I DON’T own ANY credit cards. I haven’t bought anything on credit in eons. Don’t get me wrong, I used to own a few a very long time ago but they got me in more trouble than not. A few yrs back, I decided to make an executive decision to sever them from my life. I have always been poor w/ money management, this way I can’t spend what I don’t have (kinda like deleting his number from your phone so you can’t call him but ended up memorizing his number anyways, sigh…)! In conclusion, not having credit cards is probably the BEST money management decision I’ve made.
2. I prefer to shop SOLO. I don’t care to have shopping buddies. To me shopping time is me time. It’s a time for me to reflect, have freedom, and just be. I don’t want people to wait on me and vice versa. And I dislike being rushed, unnecessarily. If it takes me 30 mins. to decide on a dress, so be it! Sometimes, I do a hit and run, in and out! Whatever it is, I make the decision.
3. I CAN’T stand SLURPING! For me, it’s not about being rude (I don’t get offended), it’s more about being annoying! When you have 4 people slurping at dinner simultaneously, it’s like attending a slurping musical. This bothered me most when I was pregnant (I was VERY sensitive). Seriously, can a girl eat in PEACE?! Look, I don’t hate you (never said I hate slurpers) but just be more aware next time you do it. I don’t doubt that yo mama’s homemade soup’s ‘da bomb’ but most of the time, just turning down the slurping volume will suffice.
4. I HATE receiving mail. Here’s my daily mail routine. Sometimes, I don’t even check mail (the hubs grab them when he gets home) but when I do, I just stack them in a pile. After a week or two, the hubs usually goes through them and discard what’s unnecessary. If it’s something important for me, I leave it to side. Most of the time, unopened. I mean, what’s so important that I have to read?!
5. I am a PERFECTIONIST at work. My former colleagues can def. attest. I am a problem solver. If there’s an issue, I’ll find a solution. I NEVER delete ANY work emails unless absolutely necessary. My work inbox used to be over quota all the time. As much as I am a crafty creative, I am a believer in numbers, analytics, spreadsheets, etc. If you want to know when I exchanged an email with a vendor about a product, I’ll come back w/ the email plus the product description, price, time, date of email. You don’t have to ask me twice. When it comes to work, I don’t play.
6. I am a lip balm ADDICT. I can’t stand dry lips or seeing dry cracked lips on others (please keep your lips moisturized). Each morning I use lip balm after washing my face/brushing my teeth. I lip balm (yes, it’s a verb now) throughout the day for continuous lip moisture. At night after brushing my teeth/washing my face, I lip balm before hitting the sack.
Currently, they live in my little Japanese box.
7. I sleep w/ my hair up in a ponytail. This is bad beauty habit, I know! I can’t stand hair all up on my face when I sleep. Can a girl breathe?!
8. I DON’T handle paying bills. Truth is, I have no clue how much any of our utility, cell phone, or car insurance bills are. My husband handles all this. I know, a lot of you women are probably cringing… man makes money, woman handles money… NOT FOR ME! Please recall to #1 that I am a POOR money manager. My hubs is BEST at handling money in our unique situation. He’s very meticulous and knows where each penny is spent. I am quite the opposite. And if you say don’t trust the man w/ your money…look, I’ve been w/ him for over 12 yrs. I TRUST HIM! And if I didn’t, we have a problem.
9. Don’t elbow me when I eat! When we eat dinner, I need my space from the hubs. Don’t sit too close, give me some reasonable distance. Elbow to elbow? NO thanks. I don’t want your chopsticks touching my chopsticks. Girl gotta eat!
10. Budget? What budget? When my cousin asked me if I had a monthly shopping budget for Zoey’s clothes. I was kinda surprised. Never occurred to me. I mean, I don’t have one but I make very smart buying decisions. The sturdy leather Gucci tote doubles as a diaper bag. The coated canvas Valentino bag works great for rainy and snowy days. And my Ferragamo rain boots? Both stylish AND functional. And yes, Zoey has 3x’s more clothes than I do. YEP.
11. I like cafeteria foods. One of my most favorite foods is Natchitoches. These Louisiana meat pies were served in my middle school cafeteria. So freakin’ yummy! I think about these meat pies all the times and actually learned how to make them. I just can’t get them out of my mind.
12. I speak, read, and write Vietnamese (Clue: I am Vietnamese). And so does my husband. I speak mainly Vietnamese to Zoey and my husband speaks mainly English to her. It appears as if she understands the both of us! We would love for her to learn a third language, preferably Chinese or Spanish. Both very popular and useful in this day and age.
Please share something about yourself! I would LOVE to hear all about it!